Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bone Five: Image Generator



I had a lot a problems uploading this image (it's an animation that doesn't want to play), which makes me think this may not be such a great website for a lesson. This website may lend itself well for students who are online journaling for an English class or journalism or an art class; however, I am not seeing great potential for this tool. It's cute, but productive--I am not sure I could build much of a lesson around it--maybe propaganda. Also, this type of website will probably violate the AUP (appropriate usage policy) of the school district. The comicstrip website might offer more opportunities and I was amazed to see Disney, Underdog, and other "older" comic characters available. I did begin to question copyright, especially using Disney characters since Disney has such a lengthy history of suing people, schools, and districts over copyright. These websites are interesting and fun, but would like to see lessons where they are used successfully.
LKO

Extra Treat: Not wanting to be undone by an image that will not post correctly, I have done a poster of my awesome dog. Here's to you, Denver!

No comments:

Post a Comment