Monday, July 20, 2009

Bone Seven: RSS

I am learning so many new things, and it is great that some of these tools can just be used, not researched to use. It is a good thing that I don't have to know how it works, just that I can have success using it. To me, RSS is just a piece of Google Reader which I will use to keep myself current without having to work too hard. I guess that's a really lazy way of looking at RSS (I know there's more to it) but when school starts I won't have time to go looking for information for Library development. If it's not in front of me, I won't see it. If it's in one place--the reader--there is a chance I will get to update myself in the real world. I have noticed that blogs and sites have icons to appeared to be links, but to what I never bothered to find out. Now, I realize that these icons were to be used for this purpose, linking the site to a reader. I also have noticed more icons for twitter, ning, etc. Oh, so much to learn! In addition, I appreciate all these new websites recommendations. Excellent information!
LKO

No comments:

Post a Comment