Monday, July 20, 2009

Bone Six: Google Reader

Wow! I really like this Web 2.0 tool--anything to keep current and organized is great. For starters, it is really user friendly--even when just searching for a subject (like yoga) for subscription. Teachers who are really computer literate need to be using this tool, as there are so many ed sites to visit. Teachers who are computer shy, would find this less threatening than searching individual websites and creating seperate desktop icons. Anything to cut the number of icons sitting on my desktop is good. I really liked the Youtube instructions clip and plan to pass it on to my campuses so everyone can do use this tool.

I started thinking about lessons and Google reader would be great for current events. Students could create an account, share with a class group/teacher, and follow issues for class presentations and projects. For history classes, this has awesome potential (I think) to excite students and get them involved with materials/research.

Google reader is a tool I plan to keep exploring for more uses--excellent tool!
LKO

No comments:

Post a Comment