Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bone 22: Your Own 23 Things

I am the Librarian for two campuses, and the only staff person who did the 23 Things program. So, I am only scratching the surface of what can be developed for a program at both campuses. Because one of my principals knew about my participation, she has already requested that I create staff development training lessons. I plan to see how many of the original 23 Things can be accessed on the district's computers (without being filtered), and build my program that way. For sure, Twitter and Facebook will not be available, but Digg and Delicious should be available. I liked the way 23 Things was set up and you could work at your own pace, and re-work an item as many times as you wanted to feel comfortable with it. Therefore, I would like to do a face-to-face training, but then have podcasts on my school wiki so teachers could refer back to for help. Teachers (including myself) have been given technology but very little training. This is my chance to correct that on an in-house basis. In addition, students get very little formal training in Web 2.0, so this is always a way to get training to them. So, I have my homework cut out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment