Monday, August 3, 2009

Bone 12: Twitter

Oh, no! Not another social network--is this all Web 2.0 really has to offer? Does our society really need this and have that much to say? What happens when the novelty wears off? I am losing track of all my usernames, passwords, codes, etc., so needless to say I am not thrilled about Twitter and having to set up an account (which is set up for my dog). It makes me think about an episode of The Big Bang Theory were Sheldon talks about everyone knows he moves his bowels at 8:20 a.m. and Leonard replies, "What did we ever do before Twitter?". Which is mostly all I have seen on Twitter. A friend of mine has a twenty-something son and I have been following his Tweets on his blog. One entry was: (his name) Sweats. That's it. He sweats. Now, I realize it is meant to be funny and he is a funny guy, but did it need to be said? So much for enlightened thought.

I do not see Twitter having any application at the elementary school level. And I know my school district will never allow Twitter because of "acceptable use" policies. Personally, I know I can live without Twitter-it's cute but not a necessity.


If you would like to Tweet my dog: https://twitter.com/DenverOwens. Do it soon as this account will be gone soon.

LKO

No comments:

Post a Comment